Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Hockey, Babies, and Reading

Yesterday, was another win over the nephews. Benjamin played well as well as Samuel. The nephews are getting better each time I play them. Benjamin played the best goalie he ever has. His skill is improving greatly, and Samuel rarely misses a shot on the net. The future games will only get more interesting. But the boys need to remember that uncle Matthew has a lot more game left in the tank.
Charity is getting close to having our second baby. She is uncomfortable at this stage and tired of being "fat" in her words. We are excited about adding a new member to the family. We pray that everything goes well. Last time her labor was 22 hours. We are hoping for a shorter event this time.
Thankfully, summer has arrived. I have been enjoying reading on the back deck. Gabrielle is also playing in her pool and sandbox. She loves the water, sand, and shrimp. She is a beach girl like her family.
School has ended for another semester. Another six hours towards the Master of Divinity degree. People do not realize that this degree is 86 hours. Most lawyers and doctors do about 90 hours of graduate work. Hopefully, but this time next year, I will be graduating. It will be a nice honor. But I will have still three more years left for my doctorate degree. I long journey. Overall, though, the schooling keeps me sharp.

No comments: