Sunday, May 13, 2007

Read "The Way of the Wild Heart."


In preparation for a up-and coming hike with my friend Dale, I decided to read this book. I read his first one and loved it. It was called "Wild at Heat." It is the best book I ever read for men and spirituality. In this hike, I am looking forward to the trip. The book certainly motivated me for this time in the woods. Because of this book, this journey is not about the woods as much about connecting to God. Being a minister, it is rare for me to get dirty and sweating, but my background in life is farming and manual labor. I need this hike for my heart. In the church we have taken God and placed him in the church building only. If you want God, find him on Sunday morning, but God is everywhere. In the encounters with God in the Bible, he never approaches the man in the building. This was the perfect book to inspire my future hike. Every man would be blessed by reading this journey. As I read it, my mind reflected back to my journey, it was a enjoyable experience.

1 comment:

Falantedios said...

Actually, there were two before "Wild At Heart".

The Sacred Romance: Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

The Journey of Desire: Searching for the Life We Only Dreamed Of

Then came Wild at Heart and, IMHO his best, Waking the Dead: The Glory of a Heart Fully Alive

Nick