Monday, May 14, 2007

The Symbol of Trees



Today, my wife had two trees planted in our front yard. They were good size maple trees. The trees are symbolic to us in that they represent our little girl and our future baby. Each of our children will have a tree. But these trees represent more than children to me. They represent growth. They represent my ministry. My wife and I have been in Waynesboro for alomost three years, and as we plant these trees we begin to plant roots into the community. The trees symbolize the condition of our hearts. We are happy here in this small town. There is peace and joy. It is more than trees in the yard, it is a sign that we want to stay to serve God.
On other news, Canada has won the gold in the World Hockey Championship. Anytime Canada wins in hockey is a great time. This tournament is not as significant as other events, but the gold is still sweet. Also, in regards to hockey, it was nice for the Wings to lose to the Ducks last night.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I am happy that Canada Won Too I think they had a great team this year but they will be in Halifax Next year so I really hope they win.